You probably already know that you’re supposed to finish all of your medication when prescribed and get plenty of exercise in order to stay healthy, but did you know that many of the best kept secrets in the medical community have nothing to do with medicine?
In recent years alternative health care (health care that doesn’t involve pumping your body full of chemicals that were never supposed to be there) has become increasingly popular as its benefits have begun to be recognized among the medical community, but there are still plenty of things your doctor isn’t telling you.
Here are the top 5 alternative health care tips you need to know:
Alternative health care tip #1: Aloe Vera
You probably already know that you can pick up aloe vera lotion at the grocery store to ease a sunburn, but did you know that you can break off a piece of an aloe vera plant and smear the juice over your arm to soothe a grease burn? Aloe vera is one of the most versatile plants in alternative health care history.
Alternative health care tip #2: Acai berry
Okay, you’ve undoubtedly heard this “miracle” product touted by the scientific
The number one natural beauty tip I can give you is to take your health seriously. In Chinese medicine, we know that natural external beauty is a reflection of inner health and well being. Often, the solution to external beauty problems is an internal one. That means foods and herbs. In the case of skin problems, herbs can be use to create creams or wraps and applied directly.
In Chinese medicine, we treat problems like acne, blemishes, and other skin problems, hair loss, and premature graying of the hair. Some of this you may need to see a Chinese medicine herbalist for, but some of it you may be able to deal with yourself. I’m going to give you natural beauty tip after natural beauty tip to help you do just that.
Natural Beauty Tip 1 – Eyes Lacking Luster
what does it mean? You can see it in babies and young children – bright, glowing eyes. Our oldest Chinese medicine classic states that “the essence of the internal organs ascends to the eyes.” The Bible says something similar, “Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light.”
Red hair is just beautiful. It’s really no surprise why poets and painters have tried to capture the beauty of red hair with their words or their canvasses since time immemorial. Fiery titian locks evoke images of dancing flames, of sunrises and sunsets, of energy and passion.
If you have red tresses, it’s only right that you celebrate the glorious color of your hair. And because red hair is special, you should also take especially good care of it to keep healthy, manageable and vibrant. Here are hair care tips that can help you maintain the beauty of your ginger mane.
- Never go out under direct sunlight without any covering for your head. Exposure to direct sunlight is bad enough as it is because it can cause heatstroke and dehydration. It can also cause your hair to dry, and if your hair is ginger-colored, the beautiful color of your tresses can fade as well. Whether natural or applied, red pigments are vulnerable to sunlight and can wash out very easily.
- Natural red hair is also naturally coarse and prone to drying, splitting and breakage. To prevent this kind of damage to your ginger strands, it’s important that you feed your locks with moisture
Looking good always involves taking care of one’s skin. This doesn’t exempt those with black complexion and for them, smooth and glowing skin can be obtained by adopting some black skin care tips. Facial care activities, such as cleansing, moisturizing, and toning are very important to keep your skin glowing and looking fresh all the time. If you don’t take care of your skin, it will dry out and look dull. This may even lead to infections and complications. Below are some natural black skin care tips that black women who want to have smoother and healthier skin can follow:
1. Protect It
Applying sunscreen is one of the most important things a black woman can do to have smooth and glowing skin. Even women with black skin need to use a product with at least SPF 13 to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
2. Check It for Irregularities
Another important black skin care tip to follow is to check your skin for irregularities periodically. Black women usually have lower risk of getting skin cancer than women with lighter skin complexion. However, this doesn’t mean that they are exempted to this. Thus, you need to make it a habit
Beauty care forms one of the great challenges in today’s world. It has been one of the most talked concerns in today’s world. Not only women but men have also started taking a keen interest in beauty care. Well it’s a good thing that we are talking so much about how to be beautiful or how to get those stunning looks.
Beauty is a much diverse topic to dwell in. But, we’ll make things short and clear by concentrating on areas that can really add or enhance your looks.
Herbal Beauty Care Tips
Herbal beauty tips are safe and sound. If you want to look and feel beautiful in the most natural way, these simple and easy tricks can work well for you.
- Bleaches are known to have a very harsh affect on our skin. But, herbal bleach such as curd or lemon can give you astounding effects that are far better than those imparted by chemical bleaches.
- For people who are suffering from problems resulting because of oily skin can go for a home-made mask incorporating sandal powder, turmeric, neem leaves and rose water. It is a great savior of acne and blemishes.
- People having dry skin may take the help of milk and cream
Proper skin care choices can help postpone the organic ageing system and stop numerous pores and skin issues that occur today. Here are the top five tips and hints to help with skin care.
The sun’s rays is one of the worst things for the skin. It creates wrinkles, and will increase the maturing of the skin. Suntanning booths also damage the skin and also make people today look like carrots with orange skin. A life of sun exposure can cause and rough, dry skin. Sunlight coverage can also cause more-serious problems, like cancer of the skin.
It may be out of the question to stay away from the sun but there are measures to reduce exposure to the sun like avoiding the sun between the hours of ten am and four pm when the sun’s rays are the most powerful and the Ultra violet index at its greatest.
If you do go out in the sun you should use safety clothing and protect your skin with long-sleeved shirts and pants to steer clear of sun contact to the skin. At the same time use wide-brimmed caps or hats to cover the scalp and shades to keep away from eye wrinkles and injury
Americans started this campaign a few months ago. It has become popular and it is providing amazing benefits. Studies showed us that on average American citizens drink only 2 glasses of water per day. We need 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to fulfill our body requirements. Our body should not be dehydrated.
When our body is dehydrated, it stores water weight along with harmful toxins. It is necessary to drink a lot of water so that toxins are washed out properly.
How can you use this tip in your daily life?
- Bring a water bottle with you, wherever you go
- Drink 2 glasses of water before your breakfast
- Drink 2 glasses of water before exercise
Well fibers have many advantages over fast food or junk food. Fiber intake includes eating fruits, vegetables, and salads. Last week I visited my friend and I was amazed at her breakfast.
Her breakfast included 2 oranges, 1 banana, 1 apple and an omelet with a slice with 2 glasses of mineral water.
This breakfast has many benefits over eating cereals or simple bread slices.
- It makes you feel full
- If you did your breakfast at 7 AM, you will feel hunger at 11 AM. It is recommended to eat a fruit
We all can do simple things to improve our health. Here are 10 health and fitness tips which you can incorporate into your daily routine starting now.
10 Health and fitness tips
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Not drinking enough water leads to fatigue and a false sense of hunger. If you drink enough you’ll find it easier to maintain a healthy diet and a high energy level.
2. Sleep at least 7 hours each night. If our body doesn’t get enough sleep it works less efficiently throughout the day. Sleep is also the time when our muscles develop. Not sleeping enough makes us more prone to turn our calories to ugly fat instead of lean muscle tissue.
3. Stretch before bedtime. Stretching keeps the muscles, joints, and tendons fit and limber. It also reduces the chances of injury.
4. Reduce stress. Stress has many unwanted effects on the body: it leads to overeating, it disrupts the ordinary function of internal organs, it causes the eruption of skin blemishes and acne, and much more. Reducing stress will keep you more healthy and beautiful.
5. Reduce alcohol. Alcohol is rich in calories and sugar. It can wreak havoc on the liver and