1) Drink lots of water: at least 8 glasses daily.
2) For a good moisturizing effect, mix some warm honey and the juice of a lemon and apply it as a face pack. Wash off after a few minutes; the skin will be soft and glowing.
3) Use home made curd as a natural bleach to lighten skin tone. Lemon is also a good natural bleach.
4) A good face pack for oily skin is a mixture of turmeric, neem leaves, sandal powder and rose water. Keep the pack on for some minutes and gently rub it off using rose water. This helps in reducing and preventing acne.
5) People with dry skin can use milk and cream to moisturize their skin. Honey can be added to increase the moisturizing effect.
6) Mix a table spoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice in warm water and have it the first thing in the morning. It is a great herbal cleanser and eliminates toxins.
7) Use natural scrubbers while taking a shower; some of the best herbal scrubbers are: the grated dry peel of oranges, pastes made of masoor dal, salt, granular sugar.
8) Eat healthy. Incorporate as many as possible fruits and vegetables in your diet. All fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals that are indispensable for a healthy and beautiful skin.
9) Eat a fair amount of nuts everyday. They are rich in nutrients that make the skin glow.
10) Cucumbers are a great gift of nature to man. Eat lots of cucumbers early in day to hydrate the body.
11) Cucumbers are also great for external application on the skin. They relieve sore tired eyes and also moisturize the skin.
12) Skin rashes result from silicon deficiency. To avoid these rashes, eat lots of sprouts, barley, strawberries , tomatoes, spinach, and figs.
13) Rejuvenating Lemon-Ginger Bath
1/4 cup minced ginger root 1/4 cup dried parsley 1/2 cup lemon zest 2 tablespoons oatmeal
Put all the ingredients together into a muslin/nylon cloth, tie it, and toss into a warm bath. The ginger will aid the circulation. This is a great herbal bath. The parsley is good for the